ORGANIZATION AND BUSINESS
|9 Months Ended|
Sep. 30, 2022
|Organization, Consolidation and Presentation of Financial Statements [Abstract]|
|ORGANIZATION AND BUSINESS||
1. ORGANIZATION AND BUSINESS
CareCloud, Inc. (“CareCloud”, and together with its consolidated subsidiaries, the “Company,” “we,” “us” and/or “our”) is a healthcare information technology company that provides a full suite of proprietary cloud-based solutions, together with related business services, to healthcare providers and hospitals throughout the United States. The Company’s integrated services are designed to help customers increase revenues, streamline workflows and make better business and clinical decisions, while reducing administrative burdens and operating costs. Our Software-as-a-Service (“SaaS”) platform includes revenue cycle management (“RCM”), practice management (“PM”), electronic health record (“EHR”), business intelligence, telehealth, patient experience management (“PXM”) solutions and complementary software tools and business services for high-performance medical groups and health systems. CareCloud has its corporate offices in Somerset, New Jersey and maintains client support teams throughout the U.S., and offshore offices in Pakistan and Azad Jammu and Kashmir, a region administered by Pakistan (the “Pakistan Offices”), and in Sri Lanka.
CareCloud was founded in 1999 under the name Medical Transcription Billing, Corp. and incorporated under the laws of the State of Delaware in 2001. In 2004, the Company formed MTBC Private Limited (or “MTBC Pvt. Ltd.”), a 99.9% majority-owned subsidiary of CareCloud based in Pakistan. The remaining 0.1% of the shares of MTBC Pvt. Ltd. is equally owned by the founder and Executive Chairman of CareCloud and a local employee who is also a director of this entity. Effective April 1, 2022, the Company formed MTBC Bagh Private Limited (or “MTBC Bagh Pvt. Ltd.”), a 99.8% majority-owned subsidiary of CareCloud based in Azad Jammu and Kashmir, a region administered by Pakistan. The remaining 0.2% of the shares of MTBC Bagh Pvt. Ltd. is equally owned by the founder and Executive Chairman of CareCloud and the same director/employee as above. In 2016, the Company formed MTBC Acquisition Corp. (“MAC”), a Delaware corporation, in connection with its acquisition of substantially all of the assets of MediGain, LLC and its subsidiary, Millennium Practice Management Associates, LLC (together “MediGain”). MAC has a wholly owned subsidiary in Sri Lanka, RCM MediGain Colombo, Pvt. Ltd. In May 2018, the Company formed CareCloud Practice Management, Corp. (“CPM”), a Delaware corporation, to operate the medical practice management business acquired from Orion Healthcorp.
In January 2020, the Company purchased CareCloud Corporation, a company whose name we took. That company is now known as CareCloud Health, Inc. (“CCH”). In June 2020, the Company purchased Meridian Billing Management Co. and its affiliate Origin Holdings, Inc. (collectively “Meridian” and sometimes referred to as “Meridian Medical Management”). Both companies were subsequently merged and the surviving company was renamed Meridian Medical Management, Inc.
During March 2021, the Company formed a new wholly-owned subsidiary, CareCloud Acquisition, Corp. (“CAC”). In June 2021, CAC purchased certain assets and assumed certain liabilities of MedMatica Consulting Associates Inc., (“MedMatica”) and purchased the stock of Santa Rosa Staffing, Inc., (“SRS”). The assets and liabilities of MedMatica were merged into SRS and the company was renamed medSR, Inc. (“medSR”). See Note 3.
The entire disclosure for organization, consolidation and basis of presentation of financial statements disclosure.
Reference 1: http://fasb.org/us-gaap/role/ref/legacyRef