ORGANIZATION AND BUSINESS
|3 Months Ended|
Mar. 31, 2023
|Organization, Consolidation and Presentation of Financial Statements [Abstract]|
|ORGANIZATION AND BUSINESS||
1. ORGANIZATION AND BUSINESS
CareCloud, Inc., (together with its consolidated subsidiaries, “CareCloud,” the “Company,” “we,” “us” and/or “our”) is a leading provider of technology-enabled services and solutions that redefine the healthcare revenue cycle. We provide technology-enabled revenue cycle management and a full suite of proprietary cloud-based solutions to healthcare providers, from small practices to enterprise medical groups, hospitals, and health systems throughout the United States. Healthcare organizations today operate in highly complex and regulated environments. Our suite of technology-enabled solutions helps our clients increase financial and operational performance, streamline clinical workflows, and improve the patient experience.
Our portfolio of proprietary software and business services includes: technology-enabled business solutions that maximize revenue cycle management and create efficiencies through platform agnostic AI-driven applications; cloud-based software that helps providers manage their practice and patient engagement while leveraging analytics to improve provider performance; digital health services to address value-based care and enable the delivery of remote patient care; healthcare IT professional services & staffing to address physician burnout, staffing shortages and leverage consulting expertise to transition into the next generation of healthcare; and, medical practice management services to assist medical providers with operating models and the tools needed to run their practice.
Our high-value business services, such as revenue cycle management, are often paired with our cloud-based software, premiere healthcare consulting and implementation services, and on-demand workforce staffing capabilities for high-performance medical groups and health systems nationwide.
CareCloud has its corporate offices in Somerset, New Jersey and maintains client support teams throughout the U.S., and offshore offices in Pakistan and Azad Jammu and Kashmir, a region administered by Pakistan (the “Pakistan Offices”), and in Sri Lanka.
CareCloud was founded in 1999 under the name Medical Transcription Billing, Corp. and incorporated under the laws of the State of Delaware in 2001. In 2004, the Company formed MTBC Private Limited (“MTBC Pvt. Ltd.”), a 99.9% majority-owned subsidiary of CareCloud based in Pakistan. The remaining 0.1% of the shares of MTBC Pvt. Ltd. is equally owned by the founder and Executive Chairman of CareCloud and a local employee who is also a director of this entity. In 2016, the Company formed MTBC Acquisition Corp. (“MAC”), a Delaware corporation, in connection with its acquisition of substantially all of the assets of MediGain, LLC and its subsidiary, Millennium Practice Management Associates, LLC (together “MediGain”). MAC has a wholly owned subsidiary in Sri Lanka, RCM MediGain Colombo, Pvt. Ltd. In May 2018, the Company formed CareCloud Practice Management, Corp. (“CPM”), a Delaware corporation, to operate the medical practice management business acquired from Orion Healthcorp.
In January 2020, the Company purchased CareCloud Corporation, a company whose name we took. That company is now known as CareCloud Health, Inc. (“CCH”). In June 2020, the Company purchased Meridian Billing Management Co. and its affiliate Origin Holdings, Inc. (collectively “Meridian” and sometimes referred to as “Meridian Medical Management”). Both companies were subsequently merged and the surviving company was renamed Meridian Medical Management, Inc.
During March 2021, the Company formed a new wholly-owned subsidiary, CareCloud Acquisition, Corp. (“CAC”). In June 2021, CAC purchased certain assets and assumed certain liabilities of MedMatica Consulting Associates Inc., (“MedMatica”) and purchased the stock of Santa Rosa Staffing, Inc. (“SRS”). The assets and liabilities of MedMatica were merged into SRS and the company was renamed medSR, Inc. (“medSR”).
Effective April 1, 2022, the Company formed MTBC Bagh Private Limited (“MTBC Bagh Pvt. Ltd.”), a 99.8% majority-owned subsidiary of CareCloud based in Azad Jammu and Kashmir, a region administered by Pakistan. The remaining 0.2% of the shares of MTBC Bagh Pvt. Ltd. is equally owned by the founder and Executive Chairman of CareCloud and the same director/employee as noted above.
The entire disclosure for organization, consolidation and basis of presentation of financial statements disclosure.
Reference 1: http://www.xbrl.org/2003/role/disclosureRef